We are so excited to be collaborating with local chocolatier, JinJu Chocolates, to provide our wonderful holiday staff gifts. JinJu Chocolates has been voted Best of Las Vegas for the past 3 years and their products are not only beautiful, but also incredibly delicious! Don’t feel like you have to limit your purchase for staff members….buy some yummy chocolate treats for your neighbors, your family and even yourself! We love supporting and working with our local businesses and are excited to bring you such an incredible product, while benefiting and funding our staff bonuses.
Click the blue Holiday Gifts link at the top of the page.
- Tuesday November 21st ➤ Spirit Day
- Wednesday November 22nd ➤ No School
- Thursday November 23rd ➤ No School – Thanksgiving
- Friday November 24th ➤ No School – Family Day
Friday October 10th, school will be closed in observance of Veterans Days.
- NO SCHOOL
- Parent-Teacher Conferences
- Regular School Day
Special Spirit Day
Wear your Pink APA Cares Spirit Shirt on Monday October 30th.
Wear your regular uniform if you do not have an APA Cares Spirit Shirt.
(no other spirit wear is allowed)
American Preparatory Academy will be closed on Friday October 27th, in observance of Nevada Day.
American Preparatory Academy will be closed the week of Monday October 16th to Friday October 20th.
Interested in becoming an “Eagle” or a “Lady Eagle”?
Now is the time!!
Girls Basketball intramurals (7th-12th) are set to begin October 23, 2017.
Boys Basketball intramurals (7th-8th) are set to begin October 23, 2017.
We will be conditioning
Mondays from 3:15 – 5:00pm
Wednesdays from 2:15 – 4:00pm
Attending intramurals is NOT a requirement but is strongly advised.
In order to participate you must complete a Physical Packet and return it to Mrs. Herman directly on either Monday’s or Thursday’s. She will issue you a “Golden Ticket” that must be returned to your coach as verification of completion of the physical packet. You cannot participate in intramurals without this ticket. Physical packets are due no later than Monday, October 23rd. Get them in early to make sure you get your Golden Ticket.
CLICK HERE to complete the Basketball Interest Form
(you must be signed into an APA student email account in order to access the form)
- Term 1 Late Work Deadline
- Elementary School – 1:15pm Dismissal
- Secondary School – No School
- Secondary School – Parent Teacher Conferences
- School Carnival – 5pm-7pm
NOTICE OF SPECIAL PUBLIC MEETING
AMERICAN PREPARATORY ACADEMY
The Governing Body of AMERICAN PREPARATORY ACADEMY will have a special meeting on Thursday September 28th at 12:00 pm at 8377 West Patrick Lane, Las Vegas, NV 89113. Below is an agenda of all items scheduled to be considered. Unless otherwise stated, items may be taken out of the order presented on the agenda at the discretion of the chairperson. Reasonable efforts will be made to accommodate physically handicapped persons desiring to attend the meeting. Please contact APA’s Office at (702) 266-7889 in advance so arrangements can be made. Public comment may be limited to three minutes per person at the discretion of the chairperson.
- Call to order
- Pledge of Allegiance/Roll Call
- Approval of minutes from 8-30-2017 board meeting
- Public Comments and Discussion – Members of the public are invited to comment on any items on the agenda below. No action will be taken on any items during the public comment period, but may be taken at the appropriate point in the agenda
- Closed session: Consultation with counsel regarding lease
- Discussion and possible action: Corrective Action Plan
- Discussion and possible action: Contract with APS
- Discussion and possible action: New Lease with APEF
- Discussion and possible action: Approve updated bylaws
- Discussion and possible action: Authorize Board President to sign documents for 1023 (501(c)3 application
- Discussion and possible action: Board resolution to pursue lease with CFSF
- Discussion: APS Update
- Discussion and possible action: Academic Report Christie Olivieri
- Discussion and possible action: NRS 388A.320(5) payment to eligible members of board
- Board Comments- Discussion
- Public Comments- Discussion
This notice and agenda has been posted on APALV’s website and on or before 9am on the third working day before the meeting at the following locations:
- Spring Valley Library 4280 South Jones Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89103
- West Charleston Library 6301 W Charleston Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 891463.
- Sahara West Library 9600 W Sahara Ave, Las Vegas, NV 89117
* In Accordance with Section 241.020(2)(c)(2) of the Nevada Revised Statutes, all of the agenda items are subject to action and disposition by the governing board, unless the agenda item specifically indicates otherwise. To promote efficiency and as an accommodation to the parties involved, agenda items may be taken out of order.